Find your Colour - PART 1
After my last post on colour analysis, I've been inundated with requests to offer more information, like that of what I offered in my Body Shape Analysis Guide. I wasn't sure if this is something that would work as well in written form as colour analysis is such a visual experience - a video might be more useful no? However, in the mean time I thought I'd work on a brief guide for you guys to help you on your way whilst I summon up the courage to get in front of the camera!
After much deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that colour analysis can be an enormously helpful tool for people looking to find their own personal style identity, because it forces you to consider the role of colour in your wardrobe and points you towards a palette that suits your own complexion and away from trends. However, I do believe a colour profile should not be looked at as a set of rules, but as just a guide.
In my last post I talked about the different seasons you could be and how you can determine the season by looking at the veins at the back of your wrist, or a simple comparison to one of the celebrities below, might give you more of an idea.
A WINTER Profile is for ladies who have:
1. Mid-Brown, dark brown to black hair
2. Have a cool/light skin tone with hints of olive
3. Have a big contrast between eyes, skin and hair.
4. Black, dark brown eyes or pale blue and hazel eyes.
Celebrities who have a WINTER profile are:
Dita Von Tees
Colours to suit WINTER profile:
A SPRING Profile is for ladies who have:
1. Light blonde hair to mid-brown, red undertones and strawberry blonde.
2. Light skin, peachy undertone, .
3. Light blue, hazel eyes or light brown eyes
Celebrities who have a SPRING profile are:
Colours to suit a SPRING profile:
Green, Moss, Emerald
A SUMMER Profile is for ladies who have:
1. Light ash blonde hair to medium brown hair, cool undertones.
2. Cool skin that may darken in the sun, not much contrast between skin and hair.
3. Light blue, grey brown, slate and light green.
Celebrities who have a SUMMER profile are:
Sarah Jessica Parker
Colours to suit a SUMMER profile:
An AUTUMN Profile is for ladies who have:
1. Mid-brown to black hair, or medium to deep red or golden mid-brown
2. Rich overall colouring, not too much contrast between hair, skin and eyes. Warm and golden. Olive.
3. Dark brown to black, dark green, amber - brown.
Celebrities who have an AUTUMN profile are:
Colours to suit an AUTUMN profile:
*THIS IS JUST A GUIDE. This analysis is based on my personal experience, research and what I learnt during my course. If you are still unsure how to work out what season you are, or are not sure what specific colours to select from your season, please email firstname.lastname@example.org